Grandma's Best Yorkshire Puddings

 


There is no better food memory than the smell of my grandma's house when she was making roast beef and yorkshire puddings. So homey and cozy. My grandma was born in England and moved to Canada at 17. She had nine kids and tons of grandkids. She was an Amazing Cook and an amazing mother! There was always family stopping by to visit and eating her delicious meals. Yorkshire's and Gravy were Always a Huge Hit!

Yorkshire Pudding was one of the very first recipes that I ever made. I was a teenager at the time, and remember phoning my grandma for help on making Yorkshire Pudding. She went through all the ingredients and unknowingly she said a 1/2 cup of salt instead of a 1/2 teaspoon. I didn't know anything about cooking at the time, and figured that she was right! I went on to make the recipe, feeling like a 1/2 cup of salt seemed excessive, but hey Grandma knows best right! Well, needless to say those Yorkshire Puddings were a disgusting dense, salty mess! lol I forced myself to eat one just because I went through all the work of making them and then cleaning up. Hilarious! I remember calling my grandma and telling her about it. She laughed so hard, and was so sure she had said it was a 1/2 tsp salt. We laughed about that for years later. A true lasting cooking memory. 

Perfect for a Sunday dinner, roast beef, mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and in my opinion the star of the show...Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy!

Ingredients:

1 cup + 2 tbsp. Milk

2 Eggs

1 cup of All Purpose Flour

1/2 tsp. Salt

6 tbsp. Olive Oil or Fat from the roasting

12 hole muffin tin

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.

Put the milk, eggs, flour and salt in a bowl and whisk well. Place batter in a measuring cup for easy pouring.

Place approximately 1/2 -1 tbsp. Olive Oil in each muffin hole. Make sure you have enough oil to cover the muffin hole bottom. Place the muffin tin in the oven for approximately 7 minutes to get the olive oil hot. Carefully remove the muffin tin, and add the batter to each muffin hole. Add enough batter to approximately 3/4 full. The Yorkshire's will puff up while cooking so do not fill the muffin tin the full way to the top. 

Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until they are puffed up nicely and golden brown. Serve with gravy as soon as possible. 

Comments

Popular Posts