Summer Spring Mix Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette


Summer is the time for making delicious Fresh Salads! I love making this Spring Mix Salad with my Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette. I also call it a Jam Dressing, because I use jam as a base for the salad dressing! I believe a good salad dressing should have a sweet, acidic, herbed flavour. Using any type of jam will cover the sweet and add a beautiful texture to your salad dressing. You can get very creative with the flavour depending on what you feel!
For the Salad, I almost always use a sliced fruit or dried fruit, a nut or seed, an avocado, green onion and topped off with a soft cheese. I especially love honey goat cheese. 
You could also add a protein to make it a healthy fulfilling meal.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 tbsp. Strawberry Jam - (or any flavour you desire)
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar 1 tbsp. a Fresh Herb -Thyme, basil, or rosemary (thyme is my preferred herb) 1 tbsp water, to loosen the jam 1 clove Garlic, minced 1/2 cup Olive Oil salt & pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, begin with the jam, and loosen with a fork. Add the vinegar, fresh thyme, water, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil. Taste for balance.

Comments

Popular Posts